Thursday, March 28, 2013

Before Your Eyes, a poem

I've traveled great lengths to find you.
Alas, here you are, before my eyes.
Far more beautiful than I ever imagined.

I've wanted to so deeply to hold you.
I yearn to see your face.
I've tried and tried, you slip away.

Are you sure we've not met before?
Your form was different then, for sure.
Or have my eyes changed that much?

How long will you stay this time?
I have so much to ask.
OK, OK, I'll just be glad you're here.

With so much left to question,
and so many things unclear,
I'll trust your answers will come with time.

Before you go, I'll have you know,
now I know where to find you,
and we'll never be apart again.

You live deep within me.
I'm an expression of who you are.
Alas, here I am, before your eyes

February 18th, 2013
Day 8/10
Vipassana Meditation Retreat
w/ Christopher Titmuss
Bodh Gaya, Bihar, India.

No comments:

Post a Comment