Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Envisioning the "Future Me"

It's helpful to be able to identify our personal shortcomings and have a vision about where we see ourselves headed. By having clear intentions, we can do our best to co-create with the Universe and manifest the future. Whenever you discover something about yourself that you don't like, you can add it to your list. 

Here is my vision for my future:

1. To be so grateful for life that I enjoy even the times when I'm miserable and suffering.

2. To not look to blame someone or something every time something goes wrong.

3. To be fascinated by the simplest things.

4. To be the strongest when I feel the weakest.

5. To see people only in their highest light, their true nature.

6. To not look for comfort in things like food, entertainment, or intoxicants.

7. To laugh and play like a kid again.

8. To put others first.

9. To take advantage of every opportunity.

10. To surrender to something higher than me. 


Basically, as Ghandi put it, I want to be the change I wish to see in the world. I know that in order to be the change, I must first see the change. I want to practice what I preach, but I need help. I hope that by setting these intentions, I can make it more clear to myself about where I want to go in life, and thereby get a better idea of how I can get there. Knowing that now is all I'll ever have, I better get to work!

What do you envision for your future?

Wishing you all the best in your travels through life.

I might not live another day, but if I do, I intend to be a better person than I have been today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment